Last updated: 27 September 2018
Why your privacy matters to us
Like most website operators, Zenith Strategy Associates collects non-personally-identifying information of the sort that web browsers and servers typically make available, such as the browser type, language preference, referring site, and the date and time of each visitor request. Zenith Strategy Associates' purpose in collecting non-personally identifying information is to better understand how Zenith Strategy Associates' visitors use its website. The information collected will also help us improve our services. There is nothing in that kind of information that could enable anyone to identify who you are.
Zenith Strategy Associates also collects potentially personal information like Internet Protocol (IP) addresses for logged in users or users that subscribe to our mailing list or request further information or to be emailed a report or publication. Zenith Strategy Associates only discloses logged in user IP addresses under the same circumstances that it uses and discloses personal information as described below.
In certain circumstances we may be required or permitted by law, court or tribunal order to collect certain personal information about you.
When do we collect personal information
Visitors to Zenith Strategy Associates' website may choose to interact with Zenith Strategy Associates in ways that require Zenith Strategy Associates to gather personal information. The amount and type of information that Zenith Strategy Associates gathers depends on the nature of the interaction. We collect personal information in a number of ways, including:
• when you visit and interact with our website and related software (including any mobile applications); when visitors contact us via a contact form, or sign up for a newsletter;
• when you engage in transactions with Zenith Strategy Associates;
• when you submit additional information that is required to enable us to provide a product or service as request via a transaction with Zenith Strategy Associates
• through cookies and other technologies that allow us to give you a better experience on our website; and
• when you contact us independently of the website, such as by email, phone or video conference.
In each case, Zenith Strategy Associates collects such information only insofar as is necessary or appropriate to fulfil the purpose of the visitor's interaction with Zenith Strategy Associates. Zenith Strategy Associates does not disclose personal information other than as described below. And visitors can always refuse to supply personal information, with the caveat that it may prevent them from engaging in certain website-related activities and we may not be able to provide our services or assistance to you.
How do we use your personal information?
We collect your personal information in order that you may receive the benefit of our website and services.
• Enable us to deliver services to you that are tailored to your personal details;
• Establish, maintain and administer your account;
• Send you service or promotional communications, including surveys and information about security updates;
• Create or distribute marketing material that is relevant to you;
• Quality assurance and training purposes;
• Promote and market Zenith Strategy Associates, our services , our websites (including any social media pages maintained or operated by us such as LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook etc) and/or the people registered with Zenith Strategy Associates;
• any other uses identified at the time of collecting your personal information.
When we might disclose personal information?
Zenith Strategy Associates may disclose your personal information to other entities or individuals to facilitate the purpose for which information was collected. Such entities and individuals include:
• third party service providers for the purpose of enabling them to provide a service such as (but not limited to) payments, IT service providers, data storage, web-hosting and server providers, debt collectors;
• any third party partners, contractors or entities with whom Zenith Strategy Associates has a commercial relationship;
• any related entity of Zenith Strategy Associates;
• any applicable or relevant regulator or third party for the purpose of legislative or contractual compliance and/or reporting or when Zenith Strategy Associates believes in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the property or rights of Zenith Strategy Associates, third parties or the public at large; or
• other entities if you have given your express consent. Those entities and individuals will be permitted to obtain only the personal information necessary to deliver the service. Zenith Strategy Associates takes reasonable steps to ensure that these organisations and individuals are bound by confidentiality and privacy obligations in relation to the protection of your personal information.
From time to time, these parties may reside outside Australia. You acknowledge that, by agreeing to the disclosure of your personal information to these entities outside of Australia, we will no longer be required to take reasonable steps to ensure the recipient’s compliance with the Australian privacy law in relation to your personal information and we will not be liable to you for any breach of the Australian privacy law by these overseas recipients. On this basis, you consent to such disclosure.
If you conduct any transaction that requires a payment by you, some of your details may be provided to a third party payment processor to allow the transaction to be completed.
If Zenith Strategy Associates, or substantially all of its assets, were acquired, or in the unlikely event that Zenith Strategy Associates goes out of business or enters bankruptcy, user information would be one of the assets that is transferred or acquired by a third party. You acknowledge that such transfers may occur, and that any acquirer of Zenith Strategy Associates may continue to use your personal information as set forth in this policy.
Does Zenith Strategy Associates use personal information for direct marketing?
From time to time we may use the personal information we collect from you to identify particular Zenith Strategy Associates services that we believe may be of interest to you. We may then contact you to let you know about these services, new features and how they may benefit you, solicit your feedback, or just keep you up to date with what's going on with Zenith Strategy Associates and our products and services.
Direct Marketing from Zenith Strategy Associates generally takes the form of an Electronic marketing email.
Electronic marketing - Where we use your personal information to send you marketing information by email, SMS, MMS or other electronic means we may do so with your express or implied consent. You may give us your express consent by, for example, ticking a box on an electronic or signing in paper form where we seek your permission to send you electronic or other marketing information. Consent may be implied from our existing business relationship or where you have a reasonable expectation of receiving an electronic marketing communication.
Every directly addressed marketing contact sent or made by Zenith Strategy Associates will include a means by which customers may unsubscribe (or opt out) of receiving further marketing information. Additionally, you may instruct us at any time to remove any previous consent you provided to receive marketing communications from us. Requests should be directed to us via the channels provided under 'Contact us' below.
Links to third party websites
Personal information about employees or job applicants
Zenith Strategy Associates may also collect personal information from you if you apply for a job or contract with and/or become employed by us. In these circumstances:
• you authorise us to collect any personal information (whether written or verbal) from any referee or previous employer specified in your application for employment or curriculum vitae for evaluation of your application for employment and to hold such information on your personal file for future evaluation of your employment by us.
• you acknowledge that we collect your personal information for the purpose of evaluating your application for employment and, should you accept employment with us, the assessment of your continued employment by us and the administration by us of your remuneration and any PAYG obligations.
• You acknowledge that a failure by you to provide the requested personal information will have a detrimental effect on our ability to give your application proper consideration. You can request to access and/or correct your personal information in accordance with this policy.
Accessing your personal information held by Zenith Strategy Associates
You may review, edit, correct or delete any personal information you submit to us at any time. Requests should be directed to us via the channels provided under 'Contact us' below.
You may access personal information we otherwise hold about you. Access to your personal information may be denied on certain grounds including, for example: it is unlawful; it may have an unreasonable impact upon the privacy of other individuals; or your request is frivolous or vexatious. If we deny you access we will provide our reason for doing so at the time of your request.
If you wish to access the personal information we hold about you or request correction of it, you should contact us via the channels provided under 'Contact us' below, and we will respond to your request within a reasonable period after the request is made.
While we do not charge you for a request for accessing your personal information you should be aware that we may charge a reasonable fee (which will be notified to you once you make a request) for time and cost in the following circumstances:
• if an extended amount of time is required to collate and prepare material for you; and
• if you wish to have your files photocopied for you.
How can you correct and update your information?
We take reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information we hold about you is accurate, complete and up-to-date. Please contact us using the contact details below as soon as possible if there are any changes to your personal information or if you believe the personal information we hold about you is not accurate, complete or up-to-date so that we can update your file accordingly.
Dealing with us Anonymously or by Pseudonym
In order for us to successfully do business with you it will not, in most circumstances, be practical for us to deal with you without you providing relevant personal information to us. However, where it is lawful and practicable to do so, you may deal with us anonymously or by using a pseudonym.
Storage and security
Zenith Strategy Associates takes all measures reasonably necessary to protect against the unauthorised access, use, alteration or destruction of personal information.
Although we aim to create a safe, secure environment by trying to limit access to the website to legitimate users, we cannot guarantee that unauthorised parties will not gain access. We will not have any liability arising from any unauthorised access to your personal information.
All such enquiries or complaints will be taken seriously and will be handled as soon as reasonably practicable.
Please contact us at our offices via the contact details provided below if you want to:
• obtain further information about the way we manage your personal information;
• access your personal information held by us;
• raise a concern or make a complaint regarding how we collect or handle your personal information;
• correct or update your personal information held by us; or
• unsubscribe from any Zenith Strategy Associates mailing list or have any questions or complaints regarding unsolicited electronic communications that you may have received or are concerned about.
Please contact us immediately if you become aware of any unauthorised use of your account by anyone else or any other breach of security.